The Resident Manager is the caretaker for the assigned property. In addition to overseeing maintenance, the Resident Manager is available to assist residents, promote properties for rent, negotiate rental agreements, and collect rent payments. The Resident Manager is the public face of the assigned property.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Collects rents, prepares three (3) day notices to pay, processes applications and rental agreements, conducts annual apartment inspections, enforces community policies, prepares deposits, conducts renting activities (newspaper ads, keep vacant apartments clean, show and market vacancies, shop competition), schedules turnover work and directs other personnel as needed.
• Prepares correspondence letters to tenants, owners, and investors.
• Prepares daily/weekly/monthly reports as required.
• Works to obtain and maintain full occupancy.
• Audits processes to ensure compliance with standardize procedures; Prepares and audits move-in/move-out paperwork; Prepares and monitors work orders for cleaning, painting and maintenance, as well as pest control, carpet cleaning and other vendors needed for orderly turnover of apartments.
• Prepares vacant apartments, including dusting, cleaning, and vacuuming.
• Maintains grounds in excellent condition, including all common areas, mailbox building, pool area, and dumpster areas.
• Serves as liaison between the Company (Property Managers and Maintenance) and residents.
• Negotiates resolutions between tenants, upholding the rules and regulations set forth in the rental agreements.
• Ensures that the property is a pleasant living environment for all tenants.
• Timely and successfully handles resident requests for service, complaints, or problems.
• Performs site inspections timely and efficiently.
• Conducts minor unit maintenance, light repairs (plumbing), property policing, light pick-up/cleaning, pool treatment and cleaning, as well as touch patch and painting.
• Complies with all applicable state, federal, and local laws related to the responsibilities of the position, including landlord-tenant laws.
• Regular attendance.
• Overtime as required.
• Commitment to the Company’s mission.
• High school diploma or GED. Additional education and/or training is preferred.
• Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments.
• Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively. Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
• Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Word and Outlook.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, administrative team, and the public.
• Self motivated, punctual, detail oriented, and able to work independently.
• Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Two (2) to four (4) years experience in the property management field.
• Knowledge of multi-family dwelling rentals and larger complex management.
The Hignell Companies is a well-established property management company that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer a great work environment. For more details, visit our website at: http://www.hignell.com
Forward salary requirements, cover letter and resume
Subject Title: Resident Manager
NO phone calls please
Hignell, Inc is an EOE.