The Administrative Assistant – Community Association Management (“CAM”) assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the functions and duties of the CAM Department. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to one Property Manager as needed, creating a professional and welcoming environment for staff and clients, and demonstrating strong attention to each detail of the work day. This position is part-time (M-F 20 hours/week) with potential of becoming full-time and must be able to work in our Roseville office.
• Performs tasks at the direction of one Property Manager.
• Serves as administrative assistant to one Property Manager; formats and types correspondence, forms, and reports; composes routine correspondence; compiles data for reports; takes and transcribes meeting minutes; prepares agendas and meeting notices; schedules meetings; provides other support as requested.
• Provides exceptional customer service; receives and directs incoming calls from residents, resident managers, assistant resident managers, vendors, rental references, sales, etc.
• Extensive customer service involving Association members, Board members, and outside service representatives.
• Maintains and creates association databases using Appfolio, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. This includes the ability to manipulate the dates to create desired queries, reports, and forms.
• Provides accurate account information to association members, board members, and financial institutions as necessary.
• Maintains association central files.
• Assists in preparing agendas and materials for scheduled regular board meetings. Assists in the distribution of ‘board packets’ to the board members within the time frame outlined in our management contract. Ensures that necessary rooms or buildings are reserved for the scheduled meetings.
• Assists in the Preparation of agendas, proxy, ballots, and other materials for annual membership meetings.
• Prepares and distributes all disclosures required by law; including assessment collection policies, rules, regulations, insurance coverage, and assessment information.
• Provides new association members with association documents as required by law.
• Provides the Accounting Department with Owner/Board Member information regarding association changes to ensure accurate account information.
• Assists in preparation of Association violation letters to Owners
• Prepares association newsletters, arrange for their printing, and their distribution.
• Responsible for mailing a multitude of documents, including proofing, copying, folding, stuffing, and the maintaining of records of such mailings.
• Types labels, envelopes, sending and monitoring faxes, printing payment coupons.
• Assists Property Manager with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Maintains information and makes copies for CAM Department and properties.
• Ensures confidentiality of designated materials. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior and uses tact in dealing with sensitive materials.
• Answers incoming phone calls and provides a wide variety of information to staff, owners, and others; directs inquiries as appropriate; answers procedural questions; takes messages; interacts in person or on the phone with employees who may be distraught or angry.
• Organizes and maintains a variety of files, including legal matters; tracks deadlines; ensures confidentiality of designated materials.
• Plans and coordinates reside meetings.
• Maintains insurance files, due dates, and claims for all properties.
• Regular attendance.
• Travel and work overtime as required.
• Commitment to the Company’s mission.
• High school diploma or GED. College degree or equivalent experience in the property management is preferred.
• Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments, including training in office procedures, and two (2) to four (4) years of increasingly responsible administrative assistant experience that includes customer service.
• Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively. Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
• Knowledge of general office procedures. High-level of computer skills. Demonstrated skill in operating a computer and ability to learn the use of specific software programs including Appfolio, word processing, Excel, spreadsheet, Adobe, Microsoft Publisher, and desk top publishing. Ability to format and compose computer correspondence and documents.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic property management law.
• Ability to read and create reports using property management software.
• Understanding of accounting principles and the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
• Knowledge of accounting software.
• Ability to set up and maintain accurate filing systems.
• Ability to coordinate and schedule events.
• Skill in telephone and in-person reception.
The Hignell Companies is a well-established property management company that has been in business for over 60 years. We offer a great work environment. For more details, visit our website at: http://www.hignell.com
Forward salary requirements, cover letter and resume
Subject Title: Part-Time Administrative Assistant - Community Association Management
NO phone calls please.
Hignell, Inc is an EOE.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers