compensation:Excellent wage and benefit package with growth opportunities.
job title:Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster
QR Code Link to This Post
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
We are looking for a Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjuster to work with a team of adjusters based at our Anderson, CA office. Sierra Pacific is self-insured and self-administered for workers’ compensation in California, Washington, and Wisconsin.
About The Position
• Investigate and analyze self-insured claims from CA, WA and WI to determine compensability
• Manage all aspects of claims to resolution in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
• Establish credibility and maintain professional relationship with legal counsel and Workers' Compensation Appeals Board in multiple venues
• Maintain professional relationships with Division Managers, HR and Safety Coordinators, medical providers and injured workers to develop successful treatment and return to work plans
• Work directly with injured workers to guide them through the workers' compensation process
• Promptly coordinate and authorize appropriate medical treatment for injured workers
• Establish appropriate claim reserve and manage reserve adequacy throughout life of claim
• Negotiate skillfully in difficult situations to win concessions without damaging relationships
• Maintain constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
• Maintain a high level of productivity and confidentiality
• Attend depositions, informal settlement conferences and hearings
• Obtain appropriate state adjuster certification and continuing education credits
• Prioritize multiple tasks and meet all required deadlines
• Some travel is required
• 3 years’ experience relevant to Workers’ Compensation and claims adjusting
• Adapt easily to new or changing situations, requirements or priorities
• Excellent judgment, discretion and ability to make independent decisions
• Demonstrated ability to work in an environment of teamwork and collaboration
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $70,000 to $95,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing more than 6,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages more than 2.4 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn't turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.