compensation: $15.00 per hour. Bilingual incentive $0.50 per hour. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Catalyst Domestic Violence Services is seeking a compassionate and motivated candidate to fill a Prevention Advocate position for our Prevention and Outreach program. We are seeking an autonomous, self-driven person to facilitate education and outreach opportunities across Butte County that focus on the promotion of healthy relationships and the dynamics of intimate partner violence with an emphasis on prevention.
Catalyst uses trauma-informed approaches and empowerment models to support people being victimized by intimate partner violence. We are looking for candidates who have skills/knowledge of these practices and who value the diversity of the human experience.
This position will be 40 hours per week and is based at our Chico Business Office. Some weekend and evening availability will be needed for programs and presentations.
Candidates must be available for a post-employment training to be held January 6th-16th. The training schedule is Monday- Thursday from 9:30am- 4:30pm.
If interested in joining our team, provide a cover letter and resume one of the following ways:
If by mail: Catalyst, Attn: Sarah Sullivan, PO Box 4184, Chico CA, 95927
If in person: Submit a sealed envelope with your resume and cover letter and label it "Attn: Sarah Sullivan" at 330 Wall St. Suite 50, Chico CA, 95928
If by email: Send material to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Prevention Advocate
For any questions, please contact Sarah Sullivan at (530) 343-7711.
Review of Applications will begin Monday, December 2nd. This position is open until filled.
Position: Prevention Advocate
Responsible to: Prevention & Outreach Program Manager
Job Summary: Facilitate education and outreach opportunities across Butte County that focus on the promotion of healthy relationships and the dynamics of intimate partner violence with an emphasis on prevention.
• Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission and values;
• Participate in the development and implementation of the agency strategic plan;
• Direct services, including but not limited to: crisis intervention (phone/drop-in), resource and referral, emergency transportation, shelter assessment and welcoming process;
• Implement intimate partner violence prevention and education efforts and promote healthy relationships throughout Butte County including but not limited to:
o Prepare and present trainings to social service providers, educational personnel, and community members
o Educate children/youth on the dynamics of healthy relationships and violence in relationships including teen dating violence prevention curriculum and Hands are Not for Hitting curriculum
o Camp Fire affected communities
• Plan and coordinate annual Youth Empowered Conference and develop ongoing Youth Empowered Ambassador Program;
• Participate in community awareness campaigns including Domestic Violence Awareness
Month (DVAM) and Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month (TDVAM);
• Develop and/or update materials and publications to raise awareness about domestic violence and the promotion of healthy relationships including brochures, banners and newsletters;
• Facilitate opportunities for youth who identify as LGBTQ+ to participate in identity affirming activities and learn about relationship abuse and healthy relationships including but not limited to:
o Participate on Stonewall Chico Pride Planning committee
o Coordinate Chico Pride Teen Dance
• Utilize Catalyst’s social networking sites to promote healthy relationships and awareness of violence and violence prevention;
• Facilitate training for Catalyst staff and volunteers as needed;
• Assist with the development of brochures and other education and intervention materials;
• Provide information at tabling events throughout the community;
• Participate in community collaborative meetings;
• Submit statistical data as required;
• Participate in regularly scheduled staff and program meetings;
• Attend in-services trainings per policy;
• Maintain a safe, clean working environment;
• Related work or lived experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in a human service discipline;
• Strong public speaking skills and understanding of outreach strategies;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team
• General office and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Canva);
• Completion of mandated 40-hour training (post-employment);
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance
• Ability to pass DOJ background check and DMV record check (proposed);
• Some weekend and evening availability for programs and presentations
Compensation: This is a 40 hours per week position. $15.00 per hour. Bilingual incentive $0.50 per hour. Travel reimbursement and benefits as per current personnel policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Catalyst Domestic Violence Services to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12929), gender identity or sexual orientation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers