compensation: 15.00 per hour with a bilingual incentive of .50/hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Catalyst Domestic Violence Services is seeking a compassionate and motivated candidate to fill an Advocate position at our confidential Housing Program.
This position is responsible for direct services and coordination of educational, recreational and therapeutic programs for housing program participants. This position will work Wednesday through Sunday (Wednesday 3:30-7:30 and Thursday-Sunday 1-10) based at Catalyst's confidential housing program for a total of 36 hours per week. This position is also responsible for helping to create a welcoming and safe environment for individuals and families who come to stay in Catalyst's Housing Program.
Catalyst uses trauma-informed approaches and empowerment models to support people being victimized by intimate partner violence. We are looking for candidates who have skills/knowledge of these practices and who value the diversity of the human experience.
Candidates must be available for a post-employment training to be held January 6th-16th. The training schedule is Monday- Thursday from 9:30am- 4:30pm.
If interested in joining our team, provide a cover letter and resume one of the following ways:
If by mail: Catalyst, Attn: Ann Winters, PO Box 4184, Chico CA, 95927
If in person: Submit a sealed envelope with your resume and cover letter and label it "Attn: Ann Winters" at 330 Wall St. Suite 50, Chico CA, 95928
If by email: Send material to email@example.com with the subject line: HAVEN Advocate
For any questions, please contact Ann Winters 530/924-2689.
Review of Applications will begin Monday, December 2nd. This position is open until filled.
Position: Advocate- HAVEN
Responsible to: Housing Program Director
Job Summary: Responsible for direct client services and coordination of educational, recreational and therapeutic programs for housing program participants. Hours would be Wednesday 3:30pm-7:30pm, Thursday 1pm-10pm, Friday 1pm-10pm, Saturday 1pm-10pm and Sunday 1pm-10pm.
• Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission and values;
• Actively engage in the development and implementation of the agency strategic plan;
• Provide direct services, including but not limited to: crisis intervention (phone/drop-in), resource and referral, emergency transportation, HAVEN screening and intake;
• Provide one-on-one advocacy for HAVEN participants;
• Coordinate educational, recreational and therapeutic programs and services at HAVEN with Catalyst staff and community agencies;
• Provide for overall needs of participants in housing programs including but not limited to:
• Comfortable integration for new participants of the HAVEN and Cottage Program
• Crisis intervention and support
• Safety and exit planning
• Advocacy with service providers
• Coordination of childcare
• Conflict resolution
• Facilitate weekly house meetings with HAVEN participants;
• Monitor overall safety and cleanliness of the HAVEN including individual bedroom safety checks and locker checks;
• Maintain and update participant files and document statistics for services provided as per current policy;
• Document significant events related to facility, participants or hotline callers per agency policy;
• Assist with training and supervision of volunteers and interns based at HAVEN;
• Respond appropriately in emergency situations, including calls to fire and police when needed;
• Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings;
• Participate in regularly scheduled program staff meetings
• Attend staff in-service as required;
• Other duties as assigned.
* Related lived or work experience or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, or human service discipline, or equivalent experience;
* Demonstrated ability to cope effectively in crisis;
* Excellent communication and organizational skills;
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team;
* Completion of mandated 40-hour training (post-employment);
Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance
* Ability to pass DOJ background check
Compensation: This is a 36 hours per week position. $15.00 per hour. Bilingual incentive $0.50 per hour. Travel reimbursement and benefits as per current personnel policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Catalyst Domestic Violence Services to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12929), gender identity or sexual orientation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers