compensation: $20/hour with a .50/hour bilingual incentive employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Catalyst Domestic Violence Services is seeking a compassionate and motivated person to fill our Bilingual (Spanish speaking) Counselor position.
This position will work with survivors of domestic violence who also identify as Camp Fire survivors. Some coordination with other agencies and groups working with Camp Fire survivors may be necessary as will some evening hours to facilitate group sessions.
This position is 40 hours/week at a rate of $20/hour with a .50/hour bilingual incentive.
If interested in joining our team, provide a cover letter and resume one of the following ways:
If by mail: Catalyst, Attn: Anastacia Snyder, PO Box 4184, Chico CA, 95927
If in person submit a sealed envelope with your resume and cover letter and label it "Attn: Anastacia Snyder", 330 Wall St. Suite 50, Chico CA, 95928
If via email: email@example.com with the subject line “Bilingual Counselor”
Review of resumes will begin September 13, 2019. Position is open until filled.
Job Description is as follows:
Position: Bilingual Counselor – Licensed or Intern
Responsible to: Executive Director and Clinical Supervisor
Job Summary: Facilitates group and individual counseling sessions for victims of domestic violence and their children at the drop-in centers, shelter and other sites as appropriate.
• Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission and values;
• Actively engage in the development and implementation of the agency strategic plan;
• Direct services, including but not limited to: crisis intervention (phone/drop-in), resource and referral, emergency transportation, shelter screening and intake;
• Maintain schedule of participant appointments;
• Facilitate weekly individual and/or group counseling sessions for victims of domestic violence and their children, also facilitate Seeking Safety & Healthy Relationships workshops as scheduled;
• Attend clinical supervision sessions as required;
• Maintain case notes and participant files as required;
• Collect participant donations for services as per agency policies;
• Document statistics for services provided as per current policy;
• Complete data entry for services provided;
• Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and program meetings;
• Attend staff in-service as required;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Completion of practicum requirements of a master’s level counseling program, Master’s Degree preferred;
• Intern Number with the Board of Behavioral Health or License;
• Agency counseling experience preferred;
• Malpractice insurance;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Background check and completion of mandated 40-hour training (post-employment);
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
40 hours per week, (some evening availability).
$20 per hour, paid supervision, bilingual incentive $0.50 per hour.
Travel reimbursement as per current personnel policies.
It is the policy of Catalyst Domestic Violence Services to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12929), gender identity or sexual orientation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers