compensation: $15/hour with a .50/hour bilingual incentive employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Catalyst Domestic Violence Services is seeking a compassionate and motivated candidate to fill an Advocate position (Camp Fire-focused) Position will require some autonomy and ability to maintain busy schedule.
This position will be based in our housing programs and will work closely with other agencies and groups offering case management to survivors of domestic violence who have also been affected by the Camp Fire. This position will be Monday-Friday, 40-hours per week, compensation is $15/hour with a .50/hr bilingual incentive.
If interested in joining our team, provide a cover letter and resume one of the following ways:
If by mail: Catalyst, Attn: Ann Winters, PO Box 4184, Chico CA, 95927
If in person submit a sealed envelope with your resume and cover letter and label it "Attn: Ann Winters", 330 Wall St. Suite 50, Chico CA, 95928
If via email: email@example.com with the subject line "Camp Fire Advocate"
Review of resumes will begin Friday September 13, 2019. Position will be open until filled.
Responsible to: Housing Director
Job Summary: Responsible for direct client services to participants affected by the Camp Fire
• Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission and values;
• Actively engage in the development and implementation of the agency strategic plan;
• Provide direct services, including but not limited to: crisis intervention (phone/drop-in), resource and referral, emergency transportation, Emergency and other housing screening and intake; participation in Disaster Case Management case conferencing,
• Provide one-on-one advocacy for HAVEN and other Camp Fire-identified affected participants;
• Provide for overall needs of Camp Fire-identified affected participants both in Catalyst housing programs and those referred through Disaster Case Management service provider partners. Including but not limited to:
• Comfortable integration for new participants of the HAVEN and Cottage Program and other housing programs
• Crisis intervention and support
• Safety and exit planning
• Advocacy with service providers
• Coordination of childcare
• Conflict resolution
• Maintain and update participant files and document statistics for services provided as per current policy;
• Document significant events related to facility, participants or hotline callers per agency policy;
• Respond appropriately in emergency situations, including calls to fire and police when needed;
• Participate in regularly scheduled staff & program meetings;
• Attend staff in-service as required;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or human service discipline, or equivalent work or lived experience;
• Demonstrated ability to cope effectively in crisis;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team;
• Completion of mandated 40-hour training (post-employment);
• Ability to pass DOJ background check
Willingness and ability to maintain safe vehicle and driving status to use for transport of participants and self for job related duties.
It is the policy of Catalyst Domestic Violence Services to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12929), gender identity or sexual orientation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers