Apply online at www.lundberg.com/employment
QR Code Link to This Post
Purpose and Key Results of the Position
The Manufacturing Machine Operator II performs daily duties, as required, in order to ensure that product is properly produced and/or packaged correctly while adhering to all safety policies and procedures. This position will be qualified to operate all production equipment as well as perform functions of Line Work/Packer. This position will rotate duties among those areas they are qualified to perform, based on the needs of the department. Leads efforts of staff assigned to the line or lines for which they are the primary machine operator. Additional responsibilities include communicating with staff regarding daily production and problem solving.
• Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all equipment needed to produce product, including solving mechanical/computer problems. Take preventative/diagnostic steps to avoid problems.
• Identify & resolve any new or reoccurring issues that occur on the line by evaluating, trouble shooting and correcting minor mechanical issues. If needed, escalate to mechanic to minimize downtime. Assist with corrective and preventative maintenance on the line. Perform basic weekly and monthly preventative maintenance on production equipment. Accurately complete, sign and turn in to Maintenance Supervisor the weekly and monthly Preventative Maintenance reports.
• Conduct timely inspections, including quality control specifications/tests and adjust processes based upon data collected. Report any discrepancies to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Assist with training of equipment and processes across shifts and with new personnel as needed.
• Promote open communication across all levels of department. Make decisions based upon factual information and take responsibility for input of those decisions.
• Participate in SQF/Food Safety programs in order to manufacture safe food. Maintain packing area in compliance with company food safety guidelines, assist in food safety audits, ensure proper allergen labeling, segregation, and storage, report food safety issues to supervisor, and inspect facility prior to start-up. Perform Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Participate in & direct day to day operation of the production line(s) including startups, changeovers, cleanups, and shutdowns with occasional oversight from supervisor.
• Consistently monitor, control and maintain the quality of product produced, ensuring that it meets company standards. Communicate issues to other department areas and personnel to ensure quality product.
• Accurately perform required documentation, calculations, and any other written communication of all materials used daily. Record daily usages with lot numbers. Utilize First In First Out (FIFO) practices.
• Monitor and track equipment/system performance, including production and downtime tracking.
• Ensure timely completion of all line administrative functions (close work orders, report labor & finished goods issues, receipts, NAV transactions, and adjustment(s) of materials). Ensure inventory accuracy.
• Check, maintain, and record the weights on all products. Check metal detector according to the production line Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan and record results.
• Conduct finished product quality inspections at the required frequency.
• Monitor line at shift start in order to limit first hour downtime and assist with corrective actions.
• Communicate with incoming and outgoing operators for performance issues and any production schedule changes.
• Direct efforts of staff assigned to their line, as instructed by lead and supervisor.
• Rotate staff on their assigned line to offset the effect of repetitive motion and to enable relief for breaks.
• Adheres to safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for fellow employees within all OSHA local, state and federal regulations.
• Complete necessary trainings to ensure all Lundberg certifications required for role are maintained as current. Certifications may include, but are not limited to, Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Back Safety, Forklift, Arc Flash, Confined Space, etc.
• Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Shift Lead and Department Supervisor to achieve department and company business goals.
• Maintain regular attendance in accordance with Lundberg Family Farms’ Attendance and Punctuality standards.
• Complete training required for position and maintain applicable certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Fully competent in basic reading, writing and math.
• Strong basic mechanical skills. Competent with basic hand tools.
• Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Intermediate computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and NAV.
• Intermediate knowledge about equipment being used, demonstrated by proficiency in all aspects of equipment.
• Ability to work at a fast pace with hands.
• Ability to implement daily changes and help others wherever needed.
• Ability to work in an environment where it is necessary and required to perform different job duties throughout the day.
• Maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees and set a good example of a team player for others.
• Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and managers at all times.
• Work well under pressure in order to meet multiple, and sometimes, competing deadlines.
• 3 years manufacturing experience.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Forklift Certified.
• Experience relating to basic maintenance and operating food manufacturing equipment.
Work area is in an environment with varied moderate temperatures, and moderate background noise. Position involves exposure to odors and dust.
Physical Requirements for Performing Essential Duties
Standing/Walking: Approximately 100% of the time is spent standing and/or walking around
Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
Vision: Ability to effectively interpret printed materials, packages, and color schemes.
Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: Ability to lift, carry, and hold up to 50 lbs. Ability to
perform repetitive motion.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access equipment and supplies.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
Apply online at www.lundberg.com/employment