CHICO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
QR Code Link to This Post
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR STOCK CLERK
OPEN & PROMOTIONAL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION
Salary Placement – Employment is at the first step for new employees. There are additional steps for longevity. The Human Resources Office determines promotional employees step placement.
Starting Salary: $18.83/Hour | Salary Range: $18.83 – $29.21/Hour
GENERAL INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS:
A. Apply on-line at www.edjoin.org.
B. Read the job announcement prior to completing the application form.
C. To claim Veterans’ credit on open entry-level exams, you must submit a copy of your DD214. If claiming disability Veterans’ credit, applicant must include evidence of current receipt of disability benefit by the closing date for filing applications.
D. KEEP THE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT! If you have not received e-mailed notification for any part of the exam by the day prior to the date announced, call the Classified Human Resources Office at (530) 891-3000 x 20104.
E. Complete all parts of the application. The completed application and any requested attachments must be received by 12:00 PM on the closing date. Late applications are not accepted.
The District anticipates openings and is establishing an eligible list for Stock Clerk. The eligible list resulting from this recruitment will be used to fill openings in this classification for up to 6 months. Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be: one year of warehousing or delivery experience; knowledge of basic methods used in the receipt, storage, inventory and distribution of supplies and equipment; skill to operate forklifts, pallet jacks and other standard warehouse equipment. Applicant must possess an appropriate, valid driver’s license, which must be submitted with the application, and must be at least 21 years of age. A valid Forklift Certificate is required by the 5th month of employment. All persons interested and who meet job related and essential qualifications are encouraged to apply. CUSD is an affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against employees or discriminate in employment of classified personnel with regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental disability, military and veteran status, national origin, physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, sex, or sexual orientation of any person. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
EXAMINATION AND CERTIFICATION:
The examination consists of an evaluation of the application for education and experience that pertains to job related and essential qualifications. The top candidates will be invited to continue the exam process. The District will determine the top candidates based solely on the information submitted with the application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Those top candidates will be invited to an Oral Exam (interview), weighted 100%, which evaluates the knowledge and experience needed to perform the typical duties of the position. Successful promotional candidates will have ¼ point for each year of service up to a maximum of 5 points added to the final score.
APPLICATION/EXAMINATION DATES & CERTIFICATION:
a. Closing date for filing applications: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 12:00 PM
b. Date of Oral Exam: Tuesday, March 5, 2024 (during the day)
c. Certification shall be according to Merit System §1507.
JOB DESCRIPTION INFORMATION
Under general supervision, to assist in the receipt, storage, inventory, issue, distribution and shipment of mail, supplies, food, equipment and other items to school sites and offices.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED Exercises no supervision.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Assist in the operations of the warehouse, including to receive, mark, check, store and inventory materials, supplies and equipment; restock shelves regularly; fill requisitions.
• Maintain records of outgoing supplies; rotate stock as necessary.
• Operate a truck, forklift and pallet jack to move, load and unload supplies.
• Assist in taking physical inventories; maintain simple records.
• Maintain shelves and other storage spaces in a clean and orderly condition; maintain cleanliness in the warehouse area.
• Deliver and/or pick up mail, supplies, food, equipment and other materials from various sites and locations as assigned.
• Assist in the delivery and moving of furniture, cabinets, risers and other school district property as needed.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB RELATED AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Basic methods used in the receipt, storage, inventory and distribution of supplies and equipment.
• Occupational hazards and standard safety practices necessary in the area of supply, materials and equipment storage, truck loading and delivery.
• Modern office practices, methods and computer equipment.
• Principles and procedures of record keeping.
• Basic mathematical principles.
• Safe driving principles and practices.
• State of California vehicle code.
• Lift and carry heavy loads.
• Operate a motor vehicle safely.
• Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and other standard warehouse equipment.
• Learn, interpret and apply the policies, procedures, laws, codes and regulations pertaining to assigned programs and functions.
• Maintain accurate and current records of warehouse transactions.
• Effectively wrap and pack articles for shipping and storage.
• Perform accurate mathematical computations.
• Work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
• One year of warehousing or delivery experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
License or Certificate:
• Possession of an appropriate, valid California driver's license.
• Ability to obtain a Class B California driver’s license, if necessary.
• Ability to obtain a Forklift Certificate by the 5th month of employment.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
Please refer to the Job Analysis.
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION FOR BARGAINING UNIT CLASSIFICATIONS
The following employment information is a summary and is not intended to be all-inclusive. For specific details, see the Agreement between Chico Unified School District and the Chico Chapter #110, CSEA.
1. Vacation Credit – Shall be accrued 1 day/month for 0 4 full years of service. Beyond 4 years refer to agreement. Each employee who is in a paid status less than 1/2 of the workdays in any month shall accrue 1/2 of a full month's vacation credit. Each employee in a paid status for 1/2 or more of the workdays in any month shall accrue a full month's vacation credit.
2. Holidays – Employees in a paid status the day before or after the holiday are entitled to holiday pay.
3. Health and Welfare Benefits – Full-time employees of the District receive up to $1,198/month to be applied towards a health plan for themselves and dependents. Part-time employees are eligible with the cost pro-rated based upon hours worked. The District pays the full cost of a dental and a vision plan for employees (and dependents) that work 6 hours or more per day. Any employee working less than 6 hours may elect dental and/or vision coverage at his/her cost. A term life insurance plan is also provided by the District to full-time employees and is available for part-time employees. Part-time employees may have these costs pro-rated based upon hours worked. Dependents may be covered with term insurance at employee expense. Income protection insurance is paid by the District for all employees.
4. Sick Leave – One day of sick leave is earned for each month worked, with unlimited accumulation.
5. Probationary Period – All employees must serve a probationary period of six months in any classification for which they are hired, or which they transfer or promote into.
6. Retirement – All employees assigned 4 or more hours/day must join Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS).
7. Social Security – All classified employees are covered by Social Security and must contribute to the Social Security system.
8. Credit Unions – There are credit unions available for membership by all classified employees.
For further information, contact: CUSD, 1163 E. 7th St., Chico, CA 95928 – (530) 891 3000. TTY (530) 895-4030
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER JOB LINE 530-891-3000