Assist the residents with direct personal care, mobility and supervision, and will communicate with family members, health professionals, residents and staff to ensure the needs of the residents are met. Shift hours are 6:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Assists with activities of daily living following facility protocols, licensing regulations, and guidelines for both resident and employee safety.
• Performs daily housekeeping duties for residents, including making of beds, emptying of trash, picking up and straightening rooms before 10:00 a.m.
• Follows the schedule of duties for the resident assistant, as well as the individual plan of care for each resident.
• Functions as a team, assisting coworkers whenever the need arises.
• Monitors resident activity, food intake, functional status, and psychosocial status, taking action as required to promote resident well-being.
• Reports status change immediately to the supervisor.
• Acts immediately on any resident crisis, following universal precautions, internal protocol, and basic first aid training.
• Documents resident status changes, including but not limited to, physical change, reaction to medication, psychosocial status change.
• Follows safety guidelines in the facility, including proper lifting techniques and universal precautions when providing care to residents.
• Promotes open communication between health care professionals, families, residents, and staff.
• Adheres to guidelines in the employee handbook including dress code, conduct, and scheduling.
• In the event all assigned duties cannot be completed, ask for assistance and report to the supervisor or administrator.
• Regular attendance.
• Commitment to the Company’s mission.
• High school diploma or GED. Additional education and/or training in the field strongly preferred.
• Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments.
• Minimum of one year previous caregiving experience, preferably in the geriatric realm.
• Current First Aid certification is required.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and communicate clearly and effectively.
• Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, administrative team, and residents.
• Physical ability to perform the duties, including the ability to assist with mobility and resident transfers, is essential.
• Positive attitude is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively with the residents, family members and health professionals.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and pass background/health screening.
The Courtyard at Little Chico Creek is a well-established company enabling residents to live full and independent lives supported by a sense of family and community. We provide the widest possible range of amenities and services. We help residents create a lifestyle tailored to their individual needs and goals, and provide residential care communities for the elderly that exemplify the concept of dignity, privacy and independence. All of this exists within an environment that enhances the physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual health of each resident.
Forward salary requirements, cover letter and resume
Subject Title: Part-Time Resident Assistant/Med Tech (AM Shift)
Please go to this link and submit an application: https://careers.hignell.com/?posting=618
Hignell, Inc is an EOE.