Under the direction of the Area or Program Coordinator, the Site Coordinator assists in the development, coordination and implementation of academic programs for students and community members, including academic enrichment, sports and recreation, visual and performing arts, health/nutrition, technology, environmental/outdoor education, etc. The Site Coordinator recruits and/or engages students, volunteers, and parents in the after school, summer, and weekend activities, and coordinates with students and school staff in activity development and offerings.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (May include, but not limited to the following)
1. Assist in planning and successful implementation of various academic programs.
2. Recruit and enroll students into the program.
3. Promote participation of students, school staff, volunteers and parents.
4. Plan and implement a variety of extra-curricular before/after school, weekend, and summer activities.
5. Travel locally and regionally, as necessary, to fulfill grant requirements.
6. Gather and maintain student data for evaluation efforts.
7. Coordinate activities with school and community representatives.
8. Supervise and evaluate assigned staff.
9. Assist with data collection and evaluation.
10. Participate with project administration in fiscal management and required local and federal reports.
1. Academic program components, staffing needs, relationships, resources and requirements
2. Principles and practices of effective budgeting, data collection, reporting and record-keeping
3. Techniques and strategies for program monitoring and improvement
4. Participating children’s social, emotional and academic needs
5. Legal program components and requirements
1. Organize and implement a variety of extra-curricular activities for students and community members of all ages
2. Encourage active involvement and investment of students, schools, volunteers, and community
3. Communicate effectively in oral and written expression
4. Prepare, maintain, and submit accurate and timely reports
5. Use technology to maintain student records
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. Two years (48 completed units) college level course work in recreation, psychology, health, or other related fields; or Associate’s degree or higher; or passage of a Butte County Office of Education approved comprehensive Local Assessment Test (CODESP); or passage of another district approved NCLB Local Assessment Test. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
2. Two years experience in developing and implementing youth programs such as academic enrichment, visual/performing arts, health/nutrition, technology, sports/recreation, etc.
3. Strategies for language arts and mathematics instruction
4. Basic computer and technology skills
5. Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures and populations
1. To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
2. FINGERPRINTING FOR CONDUCTING A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION IS REQUIRED (and completed upon offer of employment)
TO APPLY: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1253891
Online applications only; no paper copies will be accepted. All online applications must be accompanied by the following attachments; (incomplete applications will not be accepted):
• Cover Letter
• Three letters of recommendation required, current letters preferred
• Proof of two years (48 completed units) college level course work in recreation, psychology, health, or other related fields; or Associate’s degree or higher; or passage of a Butte County Office of Education approved comprehensive Local Assessment Test (CODESP); or passage of another district approved NCLB Local Assessment Test.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Handicapped IX Employer
Deaf individuals may use the toll-free California Relay Service (CRS). If you have a TTY: (530) 532-5650. If you do not have a
TTY: 1-800-735-2922. Upon CRS connection, ask for 530-532-5785 for more information about this recruitment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers