compensation: Salary Schedule 6A, Range 21, $20.37 - $30.10 per hour. Placement dependent on experience. Stipend pay for AA $250 annually, or BA $400 annually, or MA $750 annually, or Doctorate $1000 annually. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
JOB TITLE: Senior Administrative Assistant
WORK YEAR: Full-Time: 12 Months/ 260 Days (prorated based on date of hire)/ 7.5 hours per day
START DATE: As soon as possible after interviews
SALARY: Salary Schedule 6A, Range 21, $20.37 - $30.10 per hour. Placement dependent on experience. Stipend pay for AA $250 annually, or BA $400 annually, or MA $750 annually, or Doctorate $1000 annually.
AREA OF Student Programs and Educational Support Department
ASSIGNMENT: Oroville, CA
BENEFITS: Generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision
for employee and dependents. Sick and vacation leave accrued.
Life Insurance provided for employee. This position qualifies for CalPERS retirement.
Under minimal supervision of the assigned manager, employees in this classification perform a variety of complex and responsible clerical and basic accounting duties to assure smooth and efficient office operations; may plan, coordinate and organize office activities and coordinate flow of communications for supervisor. Senior Administrative Assistants work independently and research varied sources of data to complete assignments. May direct the clerical and office support functions of the department and review work.
Positions at this level perform a variety of complex and responsible clerical duties including basic accounting duties involving maintenance of records and files. Incumbents at this level train, direct, schedule, delegate and review work of clerical staff and coordinate the clerical and office support functions of the department to which assigned. Incumbents at this level require previous clerical and basic accounting experience involving an advanced skill level of records and office management. The Senior Administrative Assistant may provide secondary evaluation input.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: [May include, but is not limited to the following]:
1. Provide complex and responsible clerical support to assigned managers
2. Coordinate meeting activities, including room and food arrangements, contacting and monitoring contracts with presenters, designing flyers and tracking financial procedures to ensure presenters and facilities are paid
3. Make appointments, maintain appointment schedules and calendars; make travel arrangements
4. Compose and respond, independently or from oral instructions, note or rough draft a variety of materials including interoffice communications, work orders, forms, letters, memoranda, bulletins, charts, flyers, brochures; review and proofread a variety of documents
5. Order, receive and distribute a variety of supplies and equipment; maintain levels of inventory as required.
6. Obtain information on prices of material, equipment and supplies
7. Take minutes at meetings
8. Arrange for substitutes as needed
9. Gather, organize and prepare information for reports
10. Create and maintain a variety of files and records; including databases, forms, reports, mailing lists and correspondence
11. Monitor, verify, balance and adjust accounts; post, assemble and tabulate accounts or budgets as required; collect cash, record transactions and deposit monies as required
12. Prepare, code, distribute and file purchase orders and invoices
13. Explain County Office and school policies and department procedures. May provide orientation and training on procedures and policies
14. Process incoming and outgoing mail
15. Migrant Education and Mini-Corps incumbents may be required to communicate in a specific second language, including composing and preparing correspondence and translation
16. Train, direct, schedule, delegate and review work of department clerical staff. Provide secondary evaluation input to management for clerical staff. Perform receptionist duties; screen calls and visitors and refer inquiries to appropriate personnel; respond to complaints and requests for information based upon departmental policies and procedures
17. Coordinate office procedures and operations
18. Use a computer for the purpose of creating a wide variety of material including reports, flyers, grants, charts and general correspondence from rough draft, transcribing equipment or verbal instructions; utilize spreadsheets, data retrieval and data entry
19. Independently gather, organize, prepare, review and verify complex information for documents, budgets and reports
20. Provide back-up support to other office staff
21. Maintain and monitor complex and sensitive records and files including attendance, registration and budget
22. Perform related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE OF/ABILITY TO:
1. Basic accounting and advance recordkeeping principles and procedures using modern office equipment and software
2. Learn and understand the organization and operation of the department and outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities
3. Establish, maintain and oversee filing systems
4. Perform basic mathematical calculations quickly and accurately
5. Proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
6. Business letter writing techniques
7. Use modern office technology. Must possess advanced computer skills and have the ability to learn and use various software programs
8. Type accurately at a minimum of 60 words per minute with a maximum of 3 errors
9. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
10. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions
11. Perform requirements of the job with reasonable accommodation
12. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
13. Compose routine correspondence independently
14. Understanding of and the ability to compile and maintain financial and database records and independently prepare complex financial, statistical and narrative records, files and reports
15. Coordinate meeting or conference arrangements
16. Understand, interpret and apply a body of technical information beyond office policies and procedures
17. Train, direct and review work of assigned clerical staff
18. May be required to communicate in a specific second language, including composing and preparing correspondence and translation when working for the Migrant Education and Mini Corps programs
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
High School diploma or equivalent and experience that indicates possession of the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties listed above, including three (3) years responsible clerical office experience or completion of specialized clerical courses or certified secretarial program and two (2) years responsible clerical office experience.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
• Seeing to read a variety of materials
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects up to 25 pounds
• Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to shelve and retrieve materials
• Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: This list of essential functions and physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requirements of the job.
1. To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
2. FINGERPRINTING FOR CONDUCTING A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION IS REQUIRED (and completed upon offer of employment)
• Cover Letter
• Three (3) letters of recommendation required, current letters preferred
• Typing Certificate 60 WPM with maximum of 3 errors
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Handicapped IX Employer
Deaf individuals may use the toll-free California Relay Service (CRS). If you have a TTY: (530) 532-5650. If you do not have a
TTY: 1-800-735-2922. Upon CRS connection, ask for 530-532-5785 for more information about this recruitment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers