Purpose and Key Results of the Position
QR Code Link to This Post
The Sales Analyst is responsible for collecting, understanding, analyzing, reporting, and managing all sales-related data, including data from internal, distributor, retail, and third-party sources. This includes vetting data vendors and working with them to acquire the data necessary for the Company to make sound business decisions. The Sales Analyst will use data to create persuasive sales propositions for Regional Sales Managers to use in meetings with current and potential customers. The Sales Analyst will also make sales, promotional, and pricing strategy recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Sales and Marketing based on their analysis and experience. As a result of this person’s efforts, the Company will have a greater understanding of the Company’s sales, better visibility of the Company’s position in the market, stronger sales propositions, and improved decision-making ability.
• Analyze and interpret sales data from a variety of sources across different platforms and formats, including internal, distributor, and retail sources. Recommend data-driven sales, promotional, and pricing strategies utilizing all available sources. Distribute results and recommendations to key personnel throughout the Company, including the CFO, VP Sales & Marketing, and Market Research Manager.
• Create retail Planogram designs that are in the best interest of both the retailer and the Company for retail accounts where we are category captains.
• Utilize internal and external data sources to reconcile various sales programs and evaluate promotion effectiveness and return on investment (ROI). Recommend promotion
strategy and determine optimal promotion structure for each given situation (e.g. retailer, season, product, sales objective).
• Develop and improve report templates and dashboards to facilitate understanding of key sales metrics throughout the company.
• Work with the Sales team to develop data-driven sales presentations to be used in retail
sales meetings and account reviews.
• Educate Regional Sales Managers on how best to use and explain research results to obtain their objectives in the field.
• Create and update quarterly sales reports for the Leadership Team and Board of Directors
• Report on national category trends, brand trends, and general industry trends of interest
to Sales & Marketing. Present industry trends and applicable research findings at
quarterly sales meetings.
Forecasting and Sales Recommendations
• Serve as a member of the pricing justification team. Recommend retail and internal
pricing strategy, both long and short term, based on trends in the marketplace, including
category, competitive brand, and inflationary trends.
• Assist the Sales and Finance departments with annual sales and production forecasting.
• Adheres to safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for fellow
employees within the regulations of all OSHA local, state and federal regulations.
• Complete necessary trainings to ensure all Lundberg certifications required for role are
maintained as current. Certifications may include, but are not limited to, Injury and Illness
Prevention Program (IIPP), Back Safety, Forklift, Arc Flash, Confined Space, etc.
• Provide other analytic and research support to Sales, Marketing, Administration, &
Finance personnel as required.
• Back-up the Market Research Manager in their absence.
• Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Market Research
Manager to achieve department and company business goals.
• Maintain regular attendance in accordance with Lundberg Family Farms’ Attendance and
• Complete training required for position and maintain applicable certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and integrity.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Advanced computer skills including knowledge of MS Office applications, especially MS
• Ability to perform complex analyses and ability to problem solve.
• Ability to coordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests.
• Ability to prioritize projects, handle stressful situations, provide detailed work, make
informed decisions, and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentations skills. Must be able to work
both independently and with cross-functional teams.
• Attention to detail to track and report results.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific, mathematical, or financial field.
• Four years data analysis experience or advanced degree.
• One year of experience working with syndicated retail data (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, SPINS).
• One year of experience creating infographic presentations and utilizing Business
Work area is in an inside office environment with moderate temperatures and low background
noise, as well as, regular work in other departments within their work environment.
Physical Requirements for Performing Essential Duties
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 90% of the work time is spent sitting behind a desk in
front of a computer, with the remaining time spent walking around work area.
Speaking/Hearing: Ability to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
Vision: Ability to effectively visualize items on a computer screen for long periods of time, as
well, as any printed material.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to lift, hold, and carry up to 10 lbs. for a short distance.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to stoop and/or kneel to access equipment or office supplies/items
Reaching/Handling: Ability to retrieve and work with appropriate equipment and supplies.